Bermuda Autism Support and Education (BASE) provides free services to support individuals on the autism spectrum. Our experience has shown that support is most successful and effective when provided within naturalistic environments, through familiar persons such as parents, other family members and friends.
- Information and reference materials about autism
- Information and referral for autism services in Bermuda
- Parent support and training
- Community education for educators, health professionals and other interested parties
- Advocacy on behalf of individuals with autism and their families
Thanks to community donations, many of our services are offered completely free of charge.
Our mission is to increase public awareness of autism while promoting acceptance and accommodations for individuals on the autism spectrum. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that individuals on the autism spectrum have opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
The Executive Committee is the driving force behind our organisation. Each of our Executive Committee members has a personal connection to autism and is dedicated to enhancing the lives of everyone on the autism spectrum in Bermuda.
President: Sherri Lee Bucci
Vice President: Susan Robinson
Treasurer: Johnnelle Booth
Secretary/Assistant Treasurer: vacant
BASE members receive various forms of support, including:
- Email newsletter with special events, educational seminars and relevant autism information
- Parent discussion groups
- Information sessions
- Recommendations on supporting an individual with autism at home, in school or at summer camp
Membership is just $50 per year and helps to sustain BASE’s work in the community.
Click HERE to become a BASE member